Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth of July

Like so many other people, the 4th of July has become one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it. The music, the warm day, the time spent with family and friends, fireworks... everything. I love that for one day during the year, all the neighbors come outside together to play and celebrate together. Unfortunately I typically have to work on the 4th every now and again. This year was no different. I was actually scheduled to work the night of the 4th but just days before, someone at work asked me to switch shifts with them which gave me the night off. I was so excited to be able to spend the day AND evening with my fun little family!!
We swam the day away
And relaxed
We did a little grill'n
And a whole lot of eating

We spent our hard earned, American dollars and bought a lot of fireworks. We celebrated the night away with a block party and firework show at Chanda and Daniel's. The adults visited, laughed and relaxed while the kids ran wild with each other, partied with endless sparklers and were thrilled with all the firework displays.
(always a good idea to have a fireman/paramedic on hand on the 4th)
It was SO much fun "some" of us barley made it back home to our beds in time.
This year and every year....
We are once again, PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!

2 comments:

Hess Fam said...

love this day. so sad we missed it with you.

Robin said...

Love it too. glad you had a fun day.