Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just for fun... in the Kitchen

It is no secret that I love to eat. I unfortunately am not the greatest of cooks and frankly I hate the mess and clean up after cooking. With this being said, I am always looking for new, EASY, yummy things to try. I thought I would share a few new fun finds I have come across.

If you haven't visited the blog Becoming Betty you must! Soon! I love this cooking blog and have found many great things there. Here are several of my new favorites.

-Oatmeal Pancakes-

1 cup flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup oats

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup milk

1 cup water

Stir together dry ingredients. Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and water separate then add to dry. Makes 16-18 pancakes.

-Berry Yogurt Cheesecake Whip(?)-

Frozen mixed Berries (I used two small bags from Walmart as she suggested)

1 tub Cool Whip

1 large container of Vanilla Yogurt

1 small package of Cheesecake pudding mix

Pour berries in a large bowl. Add cool Whip and the yogurt, and then sprinkle on the Cheesecake pudding mix. Stir together really well until it's all combined. Chill before serving. This was not only a hit with myself but with my kids also! YUMMM...MM!

Next on the list to try! This yummy, gooey, cinnamon Monkey Bread My kids will be in HEAVEN

Another fun food item we do here at our house are "Octupus Hot Dogs"

If your kids like hot dogs, then this is for you. Did I mention that it couldn't get any easier. All you do is take a hot dog, cut it in half, leaving an inch or so on one end uncut (for the head). Flip the hot dog over and cut it in half again. This will give you four fun "Octopus legs". Place in a pot of water and boil until "legs" of Octopus curl. Remove from water and serve with ketchup.
A great, easy, silly, summer lunch for the kidos.
Happy Summer Eating!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Those all look so yummy! I will definitely have to try them and check out that website.

I love your Fourth of July post and all the pictures! That pool looks rad!

Sarah Hull said...

I need to make all of these asap! Thank you for sharing!!