Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crazy is my normal

Recently I was thinking to myself how much "easier" I thought life was getting with 3 kids. For the longest time I described my life as "crazy". I always had a "crazy" story to tell about what happened that day. Something "crazy" the kids had done. So as I was thinking about how un-crazy life has become I was a bit surprised and relieved. We were finally able to go places and do things, easily. Finally I thought to myself... I am going to be able to do this.

Then...

I took the kids with me to run a few errands.

And nobody seemed to listen.

And Phearson and Tav kept trying to "shoot" baskets with anything and everything they could get their little hands on... missing quite frequently.

And Phearson hit Porter in the head with a scrub sponge on accident.

And Porter punched Phearson in the jaw for it.

And Phearson cried and yelled "I HATE YOU!" at Porter as loud as possible in the middle of the cleaning isle.

And the shopping cart almost tipped over on them more than once when they all tried to ride on the same side even after I told them not to.

And Tav lost a sandal, who knows where, in the middle of the store and only told me 30 minutes after we had been there.

And we had to retrace our path throughout the entire store to find it.... FINALLY.

And everyone had to "go pee" at different times while shopping, so we made several trips to the nasty public restroom (because heaven for bid they all go at the same time while we are there).

And then somehow Tav's shorts still managed to get wet (weather it was pee or the drink I tried to bribe them with is still a mystery).

And then he had a complete meltdown about his shorts being wet.

And then Phearson and Tav had a full on tug of war over a sleeping bag they both wanted even though I tried to explain that there were more on the shelf just like the one in their hands.

And then Porter and Phearson kept putting the little trash can, we were going to purchase, and lid on their heads as we walked through the store every time I wasn't looking. (causing them to run it random things and people as we were walking)

And then all three kids decided that the rolls of cupboard lining I put in the cart were swords and were beating the crap out of each other with them.

And then I noticed the looks from strangers and got the "boy are THEY cute, but QUITE the handful" quote from a stranger.

And then I realized...
My life is no less crazy now than it ever has been. "Crazy" has just become my every day and "crazy" has become a bit easier... sometimes.

Shame on me for even thinking such a thing.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Someday we will miss the comment, "they sure are cute, but you have yours hands full".....right?! It was fun to see you tonight and get away from the crazy at home (although I had to bring one, but I don't consider her crazy yet)

Krystal said...

Laughed the whole way through this one! I do the same thing - think that we have made such dramatic changes and life is so much easier... and then something happens to remind me that they still are 2 and 4... and I'm usually reminded at the store. Why do we even try? ;)